Pantone Setting the Tone for Spring
When pollen frolics about in the slightly warmer air and thunderstorms give you a sense of optimism, you know Spring is on the way. When trying to come up with packaging colors, the new colors for Spring might inspire you… Pantone Spring 2016:
The 2016 colors are supposed to be transcending gender norms and be “transporting and transformative.” Not that Pantone asked, but I find the names to be a little, well, unimaginative for that lofty goal of transporting people and all.
Not only am I not transported after reading this list of names, I now have the song Fill Me Up Buttercup AND the Flash Gordon theme song stuck in my head!
So Pantone, here’s some free names, on me, (you’re welcome):
- Rose Quartz - It’s a GIRL! (Or Boy if she wants to be.)
- Peach Echo - Baghdad Sunsets
- Serenity - Namaste
- Snorkel Blue - Holidays in Greece
- Buttercup - Buckingham Palace Garden Party
- Limpet Shell - Although this color looks exactly like a limpet shell, a more inspiring name would be View from the Hammock
- Lilac Gray - I totally approve of this color name Pantone! Feels familiar... like a sister...check my byline!
- Fiesta - Hola Papi! (instead of poppy)
- Iced Coffee - In terms of color, this name is appropriate, but if you want to transport, go with Cuban Coffee Shop or Thai Tea
Green Flash - Springtime in the Marsh